Featured Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist
Mrs. B has more than 14 years experience working with children and their families. She has had the opportunity to work with hundreds of families in the first few weeks or months after their little ones have arrived and in the following years. She relieves pressure on the new mother by helping her move into her responsibilities gradually. She is trained to provide appropriate and non-judgmental support, information and practical assistance to new mothers and their families. Mrs. B enables new mothers and fathers to feel confident in their ability to care for their infant.
What is a Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist?
A Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist is a professional caregiver trained in the specific skills of newborn care. The specialist provides many services that will help the newborn and family through this critical time of early childhood development. This includes educating parents as well as caring for newborns and instilling successful methods of sleeping and eating that will set the newborn and parents for success.
A Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist typically works overnight, a few times a week. Generally placement lasts between a few week to three months to care for the baby while the parents are able to sleep, take a shower, do a few chores, or whatever else is not able to be done while the baby needs extra attention. When it is time to feed, the baby is either bottle fed or the mother is brought in to breastfeed. Once the feeding is completed, the mother is able to go back to bed, while the Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist burps and changes the baby and puts them back to bed.
Who would benefit from a Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist?
- Parents looking for someone to educate them, making the transition from hospital to home smooth.
- Parents who want to gain the knowledge of positive and sleeping and feeding behavior for their newborn.
- Mothers in need of lactation and breastfeeding consultation.
- Parents who need assistance with the newborn and the ability to sleep, shower, do housework, work from home and other “time away” activities.
To learn more about Baby Nurse / Newborn Care Specialist services offered through Capitol Park Nannies, contact us using the form below.
- Effectively work with parents.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Sound judgement.
- Perform well in high-demand, fast-paced environments.
- Positive reinforcement methods.
- Schedule creation and maintenance.
- Complex problem solver.
- Protecting the safety and confidentiality of each family.
- Newborn Care Specialist
- Sleep Training Educator
- Lactation Consultant
- Parenting Skills Educator
- Childbirth Educator
- EMT Certified
- Certified Labor Assistant